Sunday, April 20, 2008

For D’ boyz…

The “For D’ Boyz” fellowship is quite a unique fellowship in the Church of Loakan. I had experienced partly of this fellowship. But probably my brother Gideon has a bigger experience of this fellowship. I say unique since, I presume I haven’t seen such fellowship amongst other churches. Though I believe the so called “elders” of this fellowship want to have it on their own respective churches now. :-)

I can’t fully grasp or imagine how this fellowship started, but it seems to wane off as well through out this new generation. I only heard hearsays about this fellowship. And I know it was perhaps one of the great fellowship before, as it impacted many of the men these days, who are of course Loakanians (maybe not by blood, but by heart… hehe!).

As far as I could tell, boys before who engaged and experienced this fellowship seem to have made them drawn closer to one another. And it seems that, that bond is still there even if they are far from one another. I could imagine whenever they meet; they would start planning to have fellowship with one another, planning to buy food somewhere, where ever, even if it was in the middle of the night. Funny! But perhaps it is actually how I saw them when I was with them. And still I could see that to happen, if they only had a chance to meet with one another again and that is of course they are free to do so (I mean they are not that free because they have responsibilities now.. like family… but of course not all.. :-) …).

I could still remember how they laughed with one another; Making jokes at one another; eating much food to make bigger bellies; telling stories about what happened to them, experiences they couldn’t forget; going home late at night; and, on some formal notices or planned activity they don’t forget God’s Word. As I probably still remember, they did this fellowship on some occasions. Someone going far, someone came back or probably when everyone is there or simply many of them are there, enough money to go out and have a snack and simply, meeting once a year.

But one thing I remember, I can’t forget, but never experienced. Taking from their own words about how this fellowship had helped them grow matured or be more open with one another, is that through this, they had experienced telling one another’s hurt from one another. I believe it was a time for them to tell their hurts against their fellow brother, face to face. That’s one thing I really see unique on this fellowship, which seems hardly to see among other fellowship. I really don’t know how to picture those events that they might have gone through in such circumstances. Only they can tell you.

Hearing those stories we’re perhaps inspirational. Hopefully, we the new generations could also apply. But there seems to be real big differences this day from the past. They say before, they even punch one another. Hardly can I see that happen these days among the young people. And perhaps one big difference, they got wheels… We these days, don’t have much… (haha!)

It was definitely a great time I had before, with my big brothers in the Lord. I felt the heat of their fellowship. Though I was silent, simply observing, watching their every movement and listening to what they say. I felt a warm feeling in my heart, like a charcoal tossed in a burning flame. Openness and such transparency! They seem to know one another as if they were real blood brothers. And perhaps, that is what they are, maybe not physical but spiritual. And Christ’s blood is their bond.

As I see them and watched over them, I saw full trust. True, they may have their own arguments, differences and misunderstandings, but I think they made a way to settle things on the matter. Their relationship is much important more than anything. That is because they are brothers in the Lord.

For some reasons, trust seems to be hard to earn these days. But anyway who are we to be trusted? We are sinners. We are faulty and fragile creatures. We are human as we say. But God has always been there to make a way. Perhaps we never do learn to come to Him and seek His will and wisdom. We always want to follow our own instincts.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (King James Version)
5) Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6) In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.


I do hope we Christians will learn to trust in God no matter what. To know and follow His will and not our own, for His ways are far greater than ours. May we continually seek His will for us to obey and not think on our own “What we ought to do?”, for we are all fragile and could easily be broken to pieces. But in God’s hands, we can be as beautiful as a vase or pot, to be His masterpiece.

No comments: