Monday, May 30, 2011

My Failure…

Surely I have lots of failures, but the most grieving failure I could probably think of, is letting opportunities of sharing the gospel to people pass bye. It grieves my heart having not been able to share the gospel of Christ clearly to those who surround me: to those I’ve been with as classmates, workmates or simply acquaintances. I’ve probably been able to share to a few, but those are numbered compared to those opportunities that I fail to grab and let it pass bye.

Being part of my Father in heaven and my father’s ministry, seeking the lost and leading them to Christ has truly made a big impact in my heart. My heart is stirred by the great need to share the gospel and to make clear of the saving knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, which nowadays are given much less meaning or importance. Although I still have the desire of discipling and teaching young people, I have failed to give notice that discipleship starts with bringing first one to Christ and making sure one have truly made a decision to fully surrender everything to Him, making Christ His Lord, His Master and His Savior. I have also failed to realize or to understand that discipleship is much effective when the Holy Spirit works in the life of the one who is truly saved and sanctified. Yes, teaching and discipling is one of the important issues on Christian life, but to fail to realize that God works and is the one who truly molds and completes one person through the working of the Holy Spirit, we are consumed by all effort we do just to disciple a single person (Philippians 1:6).

I’m not sure if I’m making my point here clearly understood, but the bottom line that I wish for Christian disciplers to understand is that, it is God Who completes the work of discipling and not us. God uses us as instruments to teach and make a big impact in the lives of men and women, but God is the one Who works in the heart of men, for in the heart dwells the will of man that no one can change but God alone. As for us Christians, we ought to preach and teach the Whole Principles of God, with the Word of God and earnestly praying for them whom we disciple that the Holy Spirit may work in their hearts. But the most important thing before these things happen is that we ought to make sure that the Holy Spirit indwells them whom we disciple, of course by leading them to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. For its useless to disciple when we are discipling people not of God but still a children of the enemy, Satan.

Truly it is a great battle when it comes to the souls of men. Probably explains why it’s so hard to reach and share the gospel of Christ. But of course this shouldn’t be an excuse for us to retreat. It’s not an excuse for me to stop hoping, pursuing and desiring to share the gospel of Christ to all those that surrounds us. It won’t be truly easy as the Lord says in John 15:20 “Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.” But Christ’s words also promises that with our effort to share the gospel and His Word, there will be fruits and there will be those who will hear and keep Christ’s sayings.

Oh may it be that our failures not blind us nor bind us from pursuing what is most important we could ever pursue as Christians. That is seeking the lost and sharing to them the good news, the gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments: