Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Days of Old

It’s quite a very big difference from the years before from now. Indeed so many changes have occurred, not only locally but nationally. Makes me ask a question, what more would happen on the future?

At this point I also remember the question, as been mentioned by my brother, “Where will you be in 5 years or even 10 years?” I suppose those who’ve heard that question can now really reflect on their answer before and their present situation now. I don’t know what their answer to that question is, but I sure do know my own. Of course, it was a question to reflect how great our faith is in the Lord or how strong it is. Sub-questions to this main question would be “Will we soon be departing from our Faith to the Lord Jesus Christ or not?” Or “Will we surrender to the trials we face or will we surrender everything to our Lord?” Several questions accompany these questions, hopefully to get a good picture of where do we really stand or to whom do we really stand for.

5 Years or more have already passed, and I continue to stand for my Faith. And indeed that question can still continue to challenge me and hopefully can challenge the new young people or new generations of today. “To whom do you truly stand for?” Christians as we are called, connotes that we stand for Christ and we follow Him no matter what. And the foundation of our Faith is Him through the authority of His Word, the Bible.

With so many things happening like oil price increase, rice price increase, fare price increase, electric bills increase, every price and bills increase. Added to this is population increase resulting to more and more family into poverty. Crime rate seem to be growing as well, and criminals start to become more unruly and without conscience. Whereas, government officials (of course not all), seem to be ruled by corruption and greediness of power, money and authority. And spiritual matters seem to be hidden in our drawers and cabinets, never to be opened. But throughout these things, God’s Word proves to be true and His Word being fulfilled.

These are the signs of the last days and the days of grace soon to end. Days of honesty, trustworthiness, kindness, courtesy, etc., seem to have disappeared. Extinct if I may word it. The challenge to Christians, to be these kinds of people has become far greater than before. But one has to start truly in one determined decision, to truly give one’s life to God (Romans 12:1-2). A life partially given or is half-hearted person will falter and will definitely fail, for God wants the whole.

2 Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

This verse doesn’t only talks about having relationship with unbelievers but also denotes a principle that we should understand. That darkness can never be part of light; neither light can be part of darkness. Simple as Christianity is, we should not be reserving a part of our heart for own desires and yet give 75% of our heart to God. That is not how it works. These verses will explain it further.

Revelations 3:15-16
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Matthew 6:24
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

These verses remind us that as Christians, we ought to give wholly our life to God. To let Christ live in us and not ourselves. For what manner do we call ourselves Christians if do not follow Him?

Days of the past are gone and the coming of the Lord draweth nigh! And the call of a living sacrifice continues to call out to His people… Will you answer the call?

No comments: