Wednesday, August 4, 2010

MY TESTIMONY

(Written and printed last November 26, 2000
from the program of the church, as-is)

I was born in a Christian Family. But, I don't remember when I have accepted Christ. The only thing that I remember is that I accepted Him three times. As time goes by, I realized that it is wrong, I need to accept Him once. Like a gift, we only accept a particular gift once. I don't remember much on how I have accepted Him but only a flash of memory is left. The time when my father led me to accept Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. I remember some of the words in Ilocano which says "Bigbigek nga syak ket managbasol, ken mamatiak nga ni Jesu Kristo ket natay para kenyak, ket awatek isuna akas manubot ken mangisalakan ko". After the prayer I felt the happiness in me and a part of me is changed.

Just like a new born Christian a (should be I) started sharing God's Word to my friends. But as time passed by, the fire within me slowly dies, only a glow was left at my mouth to speak about God. But even though, I never speak much, I tried to show to others that I'm a Christian through my actions. Then I was baptized, became a member of the choir and the AFC. I got to know more about God. I started building relationship with God. He became my Friend, my Father, my God and my everything. If you think I'm a loner, you are wrong because I am always with God, He is my Best Friend!

__________________________________________________

At some point I got to laugh about how I wrote 10 years ago (hahaha!) by the time or perhaps the Era of Ptr. Antonio Yadao, Jr. (a.k.a. Ptr. Pet). Calculating my age at that time... I was 18 years of age. A teen, and haven't much learned about many things. At the same time, haven't experienced much the battles of being in the Christian Life. Although I wouldn't regret on those battles, for I believe it has made me stronger. It doesn't mean I'm no longer hard up on struggles but it has shaped me on being more mature as a Christian.

This little article has set me to reminisce the old days. When our leaders we're trying to teach and train us God's Word. And, now trying to do the same thing for the next generation. So far I really miss the old ones though, the people who have greatly impact our lives. And I wonder and hope, I'm doing the same thing. As I face new challenges and level of life, things has really changed and new generation has dawned. Christian life goes on! and May the Lord Jesus Christ continue to be Glorified and Magnified!

No comments: