Monday, December 29, 2008

The beginning of the end

The end of 2008 draweth nigh, and the dawn of 2009 approaches!

As the year ends, all we could do is stop and think back. Throughout the year that has transpired and passed through, indeed a lot of things have happened. Things never foreseen or may be expected. But I wonder what I have learned throughout the year 2008. I can only see paths and decisions made. Decisions that may change or alter the paths we take and lead us to destinations, opportunities and goals we pursue in this life. As we look back, indeed there are a lot of memories, memories which will stay as is. Foot trails we can never erase.

But looking toward the future, we see more opportunities. We also see more challenges and trials. We may also see what life awaits us. But as Christians, may we see Christ as our main goal in life. Looking toward as He Himself draws nigh. The future only leaves us with questions. Questions of what will come to pass and what will we become of?

I myself have a lot of questions. And as time emerges change will definitely occur. The question is, “what kind of changes will this be?” But I wonder more on the spiritual matters of this world. Previously, we may have already seen the signs and warnings God’s Word fulfilling or fulfilled. I wonder how this will affect God’s people. I even wonder if these things would even affect Christians or not, or will they seemly continue on, never minding what lies ahead. New generations emerge, and sometimes God’s principles and His ways seem to be more than just a myth. The phrase “To live for Christ, to die is gain” seems to me, but just a mere word or phrase, lost its meaning and never to be shown or even known.

But perhaps the only thing I could do is leave this challenge. As we face the beginning of the end, who will you serve and who will you follow?

Joshua 24:15
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

No comments: